Minggu, 14 Maret 2010

REMIDI MID SEMESTER BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS XI

REMIDIAL TEST OF ENGLISH
CLASS XI YEAR 2009/2010


I. Choose the correct answer by crossing a, b, c, d or e!
1. A new house…by Mr. Kevin next month.

a. is bought
b. are bought
c. will be bought
d. has been bought
e. is being bought

2. My parents will be…by me next week

a. visits
b. visiting
c. visited
d. visitors
e. to visit

3. The meeting …being attended by them yesterday.

a. is
b. are
c. was
d. were
e. will

4. He is waiting her now. The passive is…

a. She is waited by him now
b. She is being waited by him now
c. She has been waited by him now
d. She will be waited by him now
e. She was being waited by him now

5. Andy doesn’t put the bag on the table. The passive: The bag … put by Andy on the table

a. isn’t
b. wasn’t
c. aren’t
d. will not
e. doesn’t

6. Sule : why should you leave me? I’m in love with you.
Nunung : …but I have to go. I’m sorry

a. I hate you
b. I love you too
c. I don’t like you
d. I’m sick of you
e. I really don’t want to be here
7. The carriage … by two strong cows every morning

a. was pulled
b. were pulled
c. is pulled
d. are pulled
e. is being pulled



8. The petrol tank …with petrol

a. has been filled
b. filled
c. filling
d. fills
e. be filled

9. Giant lizard…Flores

a. can be found
b. can been found
c. can finding
d. can found
e. can find

10. Parto : Don't talk so much when I'm reading. It makes me angry, you know.
Nori : … I just want to tell you my story. Thanks for listening to me.

a. I agree
b. I like it
c. Shut up!
d. I’m sorry
e. no problem
11. Widi : I am so embarrassed because I can't speak English fluently.
Nina :… Let's learn and practice it more together.

a. That's good
b. Don't be scared
c. Sorry about that
d. I don't think it’s a big deal
e. you must be joking
12. Azis : ... Why should it happen? It's out of our plan.
Beni : Calm down. We should evaluate it first.

a. Oh dear!
b. I'm ashamed
c. Oh, that's good
d. I'm shy to say so
e. I’m sorry to hear that

13. Teni : The music is too loud. I am reading now. .
Dewi : I'm sorry. I’ll turn it down.
a. Take it easy
b. It's embarrassing
c. I am very pleased
d. I can’t take this anymore
e. I love you too
14. Daughter: Mom, thanks for everything you do for me. Nothing compares to you in my life. I love you, Mom.
Mother: …,my dear.

a. I am glad you like it
b. I love you too
c. Don't be sad
d. Take it easy
e. I’m shy to say so
15. She was watching a comedy…I was doing my English assignments.

a. before
b. when
c. as if
d. if not
e. so that














Fixing the Headstone
Once, there were two men walking home after a Halloween party. They decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery just for laughs. Right in the middle of the cemetery they were startled by a tap-tap-tapping noise coming from the misty shadows.
Trembling with fear, they found an old man with a hammer and chisel, chipping away at one of the headstones.
“Holy cow, Mister,” one of them said after catching his breath, “You scared us half to death, we thought you were a ghost! What are you doing working here so late at night?”
“Those fools!” the old man grumbled. “They misspelled my name!”
Taken from: http://www.dizzyboy.com
16. How many men were walking through the cemetery?

a. Two men
b. Three men
c. Four men
d. Five men
e. Six men

17. What made them shocked when they were walking through the cemetery?

a. The serene of the cemetery
b. The darkness of the cemetery
c. A tap-tap-tapping noise
d. The howling of wolfs
e. A man passing the cemetery in rush
18. Who did they find in the cemetery?

a. A villager
b. Their friend
c. The guard of the cemetery
d. An old man
e. The maker of a tombstone

19. What did the old man do at that night?

a. He made a tombstone for someone.
b. He corrected his name written on his tombstone.
c. He was just passing through the cemetery.
d. He had just attended a Halloween party.
e. He was just making a devotional visit to a grave.

20. . “The old man grumbled”. The word grumble in the sentence is similar in meaning to …

a. smile
b. attract
c. persuade
d. think
e. complain

II. Arrange the sentences in to good order.
1. Suddenly, he saw a light from an old hut
2. She said that the devil had stolen her magic candle
3. She was crying.
4. One day, a young wanderer got lost in a wood
5. He knocked on the door, and an old woman opened it

1 komentar:

  1. Pak..
    yang remidi sapa saja Pak..?
    katanya suruh liat di Blog nya Bapak... kok ngga ada ?

    BalasHapus